Useful places on the SWCP.

Fernleigh B&B, Hayle, Cornwall
A great B&B run by a lovely and helpful couple.

Thursday 31 July 2008

30/07/08 p.m.


6 p.m. Just dipping my feet in the sea on the shingle beach just before Osmington Mills. I lived in Ringstead Bay which is the next one along when I was 16, so this is home turf. I have had a lovely day in the company of a nurse, Saskia, who I met at the hostel last night. She works in Redhill near where I used to live.

Next year Saskia is going to cycle around Jordan for charity :)

I was worried about this young calf I saw alone in a field mooing to his mum who was a couple of fields away mooing back. I think the farmer may have moved the herd without realising she had calved as none of the others had calves. They either belong to East Farm or East Farm Dairy.

7.30 p.m. Having dinner and a pint of badger in the Smuggler's 13th century inn in Osmington Mills.

8.30 p.m. Bivi-ing in an old lookout shelter.

No comments: